Hello Friends! We’re playing What The Folk Festival in Awendaw, SC on April 12 and we’re looking for a couple of Living Room Shows on the way there.
Ideal routing would be Nashville TN on April 10 and Greenville SC on April 11.
Please read everything below if you live in or near these towns and would like to host a show.
*** IMPORTANT: Please put “Bottle Rockets Living Room Show” in the subject line of your email so it can get past our spam filter.
We’ll go through all the emails and figure which one works best. If we can’t make it to your house this time, we’ll keep your info for the next round of living room shows.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 45-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside. There needs to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You should probably not do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. It would be great if you had some seating available… couches, folding chairs, etc. But not required. If no seating is available then we’ll let people know it’s floor seating or standing.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on the Bottle Rockets website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your space can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 45-50 people is what the average living room can hold. Ticket price will be $25.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host can have up to 5 free tickets for the show for friends. If you have additional friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is 4 chairs for the band to sit on. A small table and lamp would be nice too.
6. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to those people who purchase tickets.
7. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except our websites and word-of-mouth.
8. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
If you are interested, please follow these steps:
1. email email@example.com with all of these things:
- a. your address
- b. a few photos of your living room
- c. please put “Bottle Rockets Living Room Show” and the name of your town in the subject line.
2. sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible.
After we have the show sorted out we will announce the dates and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.
Thank you and stay tuned.